Career Kickoff: Design Apprentice Opportunity
**We are currently accepting applications for a potential winter/spring 2021 design apprentice that would be remote.**
- Put design fundamentals into practice from your education.
- Learn about different clients and industries.
- Expand your knowledge of design programs.
- Become more confident in design decisions.
- Learn about various mediums for design.
- Learn about web design practices and contribute to projects.
- Contribute to a team.
- Improve your attention to detail.
- Effectively manage your time, working efficiently.
- Adopt a stronger core of strategy for your work.
- Assist all project sizes with guidance from design team
- Grow skills using programs inside and outside of traditional Adobe Creative Suite including PowerPoint, Sketch, AfterEffects
- Execute overflow production design projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Expand branding and web design skills
- Conceptualize ideas for logos and brand identity
- Engage with other designers and project managers in order to understand how to best communicate and complete a project
- Creatively problem solve in order to meet client needs in efficient and effective ways
- Always design with purpose first, visual appeal second
- Learn and observe from account and design teams the strategy of design and communications
- Learn to research and understand user insights and analytics
- Learn to present reasoning for decisions based on business goals
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, designers, developers and account team to understand and execute the goal of the client
- Shadow on UX work, helping build prototypes
- Mentored by Junior Designer, Designer, Senior Designer, Associate Creative Director, Creative Director
- Stays within budgets and timelines
- Balances multiple projects at a time
- Maintains daily timesheets
- Maintains approximately 40 hours/week of working time (8:30-5:30ish) with some flexibility for early or late meetings or emergency work
- Embodies our values
- Finish role with a project that can be considered your conceptual idea and overall execution for your portfolio. Potential opportunity to hire as a Junior Designer, but not guaranteed.
This is a fast-paced working environment with multiple projects going on at once. You should never be afraid to ask questions or speak up when you need help, and reciprocate this behavior for fellow team members. Always work to get the best out of clients, your team and yourself.
Apply and send your cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio website, along with why you want to join the team.APPLY NOW
Entry level: past internship experience working with a team is mandatory
Relevant experience in design via training
Design portfolio with strong typography, color and layout
Capable in Adobe Design Suite
Strong communication skills
Attention to detail
While we may not always be hiring, we are always looking for future Glantzers. If one of these roles suits you, please apply and you will hear back from us.