Sometimes all you need to get your creative juices flowing is a good read. The quest to find an entertaining, reliable, and genuinely interesting book can be hard, but being the good friends that we are, we did the searching for you. We have compiled a list of some of the most helpful, funny, and creative books out there, ranging from educational content—to doodles that are just fun to look at. Get inspired and take a look at these literary gems.
1. Creative Workshop: 80 Challenges to Sharpen Your Design Skills
This book offers a healthy amount of exercises to get your gears turning
2. How to Be a Graphic Designer without Losing Your Soul
3. Obsessive Consumption: What Did You Buy Today?
4. Just My Type: A Book About Fonts
5. Know Your Onions – Graphic Design: How to Think Like a Creative, Act like a Businessman and Design Like a God
6. 100 Ideas that Changed Graphic Design
7. Steal Like An Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
9. Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays On The Intersection Of Life And Design
10. Above the Fold: Understanding the Principles of Successful Web Site Design
Also, as an added note we are only sharing these because we like them for a variety of different reasons. We don’t get paid or even get a small percentage of the sale thanks to Amazon removing Affiliate accounts in Illinois. These books are inspiring, fun and make good gifts to those who have a creative soul.