Are you our next Front-End Developer?
This role is 90 day contract to hire full time. We are also open to Freelancer applications. Both are flexible to be remote in the US.
Our team works on multiple projects going on at once, typically brochure-ware websites. See our samples in our portfolio. You will work collaboratively with our incredible team of designers, account managers, and strategists who live and breathe our core values.
- Lead development of medium projects autonomously
- Contribute to large projects with guidance from senior development team
- Execute development projects with efficiency and accuracy
- Able to write well-structured, easily maintainable, and well-documented code
- Expand web development skills in custom WordPress themes from scratch (no page builders)
- Adapt existing theme frameworks to create a unique client experience
- Launch websites and emails independently
- Translate complex technology to simple language
- Maintain running websites
- Perform troubleshooting after launching and while hosting a website
- Tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design
- Able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring a great user experience
- Willing to learn something new, not rigid in development beliefs or expectations
- Mentor Junior Front-End Developer and Apprentice
- Mentored by Senior Front-End Developer
- In 6 months: Develop medium projects autonomously, show expertise in building WordPress themes from the ground up
- In 1 year: Define path for one new skill for continued learning – opportunities to take classes, attend conferences and industry events
- Potential growth to Senior Developer
Check out our benefits such as 15 days of PTO, 12 holidays, plus the week of Christmas to New Years off. We have a casual work environment, multiple insurance options, short-term disability, 401K matching, professional development, rotating DJ duties on Spotify, free gym and rec room access with a pool. Yes, a pool.
We pride ourselves on work-life balance as a small studio. We work within the given hours of the day, and if there are weekend web launches for security purposes, we give that time back in PTO plus additional time. We love our work, but we also love our time to live.
Apply and send your resume and portfolio samples, along with why you want to join the team.APPLY NOW
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Mid-level, Minimum 3 years of proven success in development
Strong communication skills
Attention to detail
Work within deadlines
Curious creative and collaborator
Understands WordPress themes
CSS / SASS
Experience with Advanced Custom Fields
Experience with build tools such as Webpack and NPM
Git (Version Control)
Familiar with mockups Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or Figma
Nice to have: Accessibility, WooCommerce, WordPress plugin development, Other CMS Experience, HTML email templates, AJAX, SVG animation, SQL with the ability to query databases, GraphQL, experience with Headless environments
While we may not always be hiring, we are always looking for future Glantzers. If one of these roles suits you, please apply and you will hear back from us.