10 Questions for Senior Designer Ricardo Lisboa
WANT TO SEE MORE LIKE THIS?
Sign up to receive an alert for our latest articles on design and stuff that makes you go "Hmmm?"
Get to know Ricardo Lisboa, whose work as Senior Designer blends business and art:
1. Where did you grow up?
São Paulo, Brazil, and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
2. How long have you been at Glantz?
3. How did you get into this type of work?
It started with my love of art then going to school and studying business. Design is a crossroads between art and business. And I knew I wanted to work with a team instead of working independently as an artist.
4. How do you relax?
I put on my headphones and listen to an album from start to finish. I like to visualize the story the artist is telling as if it’s a movie playing in my head.
5. What’s your favorite band or song?
I’ve been listening to Hozier a lot—I love the mysticism of his lyrics and how he infuses mythological references to address current topics.
6. What would you say to the younger version of yourself?
You don’t know as much as you think you know.
7. What are some of your hobbies?
On a sunny day, I love to sketch by the lake. On a gloomy day, you’ll find me indoors playing piano or video games.
8. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
9. What is one of your favorite projects you worked on at Glantz?
Dear to me is 120/80. I felt that their style and my personal aesthetic matched. This made it very fun to work with them.
10. Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere! Grocery shopping, looking around and seeing packaging, my walk back home and seeing how shadows move. There is so much inspiration in nature and life, so I’m always keeping my eyes open.